Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Smoked Turkey Salad With Cranberries & Apples
Recipe from Terri Huggett
- 1/2 12 oz. bag frozen *fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tblsp framboise/raspberry brandy (optional)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb smoked turkey, cut into cubes
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 4 apples, such as Granny Smith and Gala, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
*If fresh unavailable, use canned, whole cranberries. Eliminate the sugar and reduce oil and vinegars slightly.
- Place frozen cranberries in food processor with sugar and raspberry vinegar and process to chop cranberries into coarse chunks.
- If using canned cranberries, leave them whole.
- Place cranberry mixture or canned cranberries in a large bowl.
- Add raspberry vinegar to canned cranberries.
- Add brandy, if using, rice wine vinegar and olive oil. Mix.
- Add turkey and mix thoroughly. If you wish, let marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, toss lettuce, apples and celery with turkey/cranberry mixture.
- Serves 4-6
· More Salad Recipes