Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Spaghetti Squash and Avocado Salad
Recipe from Stephanie da Silva
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 each red and green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- Avocado Oil Vinaigrette (below)
- Prepare Avocado Oil Vinaigrette at least 24 hours before serving time.
- Halve squash lengthwise, scoop out seeds.
- Place halves cut side down in large saucepan; add water to a depth of two inches; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer squash 20 minutes.
- Drain off water; cool squash and shred into strands.
- Mix squash, mushrooms, peppers, olives and avocados in serving bowl.
- Pour Vinaigrette over, toss gently and serve.
Avocado Oil Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup avocado oil or light vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon each oregano, sweet basil, rosemary, dry mustard and
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shake all ingredients together in tightly covered container.
- Let Vinaigrette stand at least 24 hours.
Other Recipes by Stephanie da Silva:
· Marinated Salad
· Pork and Papaya Salad
· Prawn Salad
· Roast Beef Salad
· Spaghetti Squash and Avocado Salad
· Tortellini-Pesto Salad
· Warm Red Cabbage Salad
· Layered Salad
· Cabbage and Pineapple Salad
· Jalapeno-Pineapple Coleslaw
· Singapore Noodle Salad
· Zucchini and Mushroom Salad
· Grand Marnier Soufflé
· More Salad Recipes