Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Recipe from Kathy M. Miller
- 1 head lettuce, broken into bite-size pieces
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 lb. hamburger
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (8 oz) bottle Thousand Island dressing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 pkg taco flavored corn chips
- Brown the burger.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix.
- Add the rest to the meat with about 3/4 cup water.
- Simmer for a few minutes then remove from heat.
- Let cool.
- Layer lettuce, tomatoes, onion, meat, and cheese.
- Repeat layers until all is used.
- Sauce: Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 8 ounces Thousand Island dressing, and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix.
- Just before serving, add sauce and broken taco chips to vegetables and toss.
· More Salad Recipes