Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Recipe from Stephanie da Silva
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley sprigs with stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz broccoli
- 27-oz pkg cheese-filled tortellini
- 12 1/4-oz can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 6 oz provolone cheese, cubed
- 2medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- For pesto, in food processor bowl or blender container combine parsley, basil and garlic.
- Cover and process or blend till finely chopped.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Cover and process or blend until combined.
- With lid ajar, add oil a little at a time, processing or blending after each addition till well combined; set aside.
- Remove the outer leaves and tough parts of stalks from broccoli.
- Peal and cut stalks crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices and break flowerets into smaller pieces; set aside.
- In a large covered saucepan cook tortellini according to package diretions; add broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- In a large salad bowl combine pesto, broccoli, tortellini and olives. Toss lightly.
- Cover; chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, add provolone cheese, tomatoes, and nuts to tortellini mixture, toss lightly.
This recipe uses a pseudo-pesto. Feel free to substitute a more authentic one.
Other Recipes by Stephanie da Silva:
· Marinated Salad
· Pork and Papaya Salad
· Prawn Salad
· Roast Beef Salad
· Spaghetti Squash and Avocado Salad
· Tortellini-Pesto Salad
· Warm Red Cabbage Salad
· Layered Salad
· Cabbage and Pineapple Salad
· Jalapeno-Pineapple Coleslaw
· Singapore Noodle Salad
· Zucchini and Mushroom Salad
· Grand Marnier Soufflé
· More Salad Recipes