Quick and Easy Salad Favorites
Tortellini and Artichoke Pasta Salad
Recipe from Leslie Forte
- 1 10oz pkg cheese or chicken stuffed tortellini
- 4 whole marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 to 3 tblsp roasted red pepper or pimento, diced
- 4 tblsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tblsp dijon mustard
- 1 tblsp parmesean cheese, grated
- 2 tblsp basil, chopped
- 2 tblsp parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook tortellini, rinse and drain well.
- Toss with 1 tblsp of the marinated artichoke liquid to keep from sticking together.
- More may be added for flavoring of desired.
- Drain artichokes; cut into chunks.
- Combine remaining ingredients and toss gently in a large bowl to combine.
- Refigerate if not served immediately.
Canned non-marinated artichokes can also be used - in that case, use some olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking together and a little bit of vinegar may be needed to give the salad a kick.
Recipes by Leslie Forte:
· Bangkok Noodle Salad
· Blue Cheese Pasta Salad
· Basic Picnic Macaroni Salad
· Patio Shell Salad
· Tortellini and Artichoke Pasta Salad
· Wagonwheel Pasta Salad
· More Salad Recipes