Snacks and Appetizers
Reproduced by permission of World Wide Recipes.
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 packets (2 Tbsp, 30 ml) active dry yeast
- 2 cups (500 ml) warm milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 4 1/2 cups (1 L + 125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 6 oz (175 g) sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4 inch (5 mm) dice
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk in a large mixing bowl and allow to proof for 5 minutes, until it begins to form a froth on the surface.
- Add the sugar, butter, and salt and stir to dissolve.
- Add the flour and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the cheese and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the batter into a well greased 1 1/2 quart (1.5 L) casserole dish and cover loosely with waxed paper.
(Allow to sit at room temperature until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.)
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
· More Snack and Appetizer Recipes