Snacks and Appetizers
FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
- 2 qts. water
- 4 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh black pepper
- 4-6 large unpeeled green tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup flour (or 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 corn meal)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or bacon grease
- Salt (to taste)
- In a mixing bowl, mix salt and water.
- Soak sliced tomatoes in salt water mixture for 30-40 minutes.
- Drain and drop slices a few at time into a bag in which you have placed the flour.
- Shake thoroughly to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and carefully place the slices into the hot oil.
- Brown until crisp on both sides.
- Salt to taste.
You can also use squash, zucchini or eggplant in place of or with the green tomatoes.
· More Snack and Appetizer Recipes