Snacks and Appetizers
Reproduced by permission of World Wide Recipes.
Makes 5 to 6 dozen.
- 1 lb (450 g) bulk pork sausage (or ground meat of your choice)
- 1/2 lb (225 g) sharp Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 3 cups (750 ml) all-purpose baking mix (Bisquick*)
- (or 3 cups (750 ml) all-purpose flour and 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fennel seed, crushed
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
Bisquick* is an American product. If it is not available in your area, substitute it with the flour and baking powder as indicated above.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well using your hands.
- Roll the mixture into balls about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter.
- Place these on a lightly greased baking sheet about 1-1/2 inches (3 cm) apart and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, turning them over after 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
· More Snack and Appetizer Recipes