Snacks and Appetizers
SAVORY SNACKTIME MIX
Prep: 10 min
Start To Finish: 40 min
Makes 15 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 cups Cheerios® cereal
- 2 cups Chex® cereal (any variety)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat oven to 275°F. Mix cereals, pretzels and peanuts in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; cool. Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
Special Touch: For easy eating at a cocktail party, serve this snack mix in colorful paper cones. Make the cones by rolling 7-inch squares of medium-weight colored paper into cone shapes and securing with tape. To keep the cones upright, spread a layer of uncooked dried beans in the bottom of the serving container, then nestle the filled paper cones in the beans.
· More Snack and Appetizer Recipes