Homemade Soups and Stews
GOLDEN CARROT SOUP
- 1/4 cup (50ml) butter
- 1 sliced medium onion
- 1 small minced clove garlic (optional)
- 5 cups (1.25L) water
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup (50ml) long grain rice
- 2 tbsp (30ml) chicken bouillon mix
- Salt and chopped parsley
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Add water, carrots, rice and bouillon mix.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Spoon vegetable mixture, part at a time, into blender container.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and parsley to taste.
- Makes 4 servings. Very pretty soup.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley or a small broccoli florette.
· More Soups and Stews Recipes