Homemade Soups and Stews
MANHATTAN CLAM CHOWDER
- 4 stalks Celery, finely chopped
- 2 or 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 or 5 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- onions, finely chopped
- garlic, minced
- 1 can peas
- 2 cans clams, drained (reserve liquid)
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- Drain clams well, reserving the liquid.
- Add celery, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, sea salt to a large pot.
- Add the clam juice and water to cover vegetables.
- Cook over medium heat for one hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Fry the onions and garlic in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil until translucent and add to soup pot.
- Add peas and clams. Cook for 20-30 minutes on low heat setting to heat the clams.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Fresh Parsley.
· More Soups and Stews Recipes