Turkey Recipes and Information
DEBRA’S CORNBREAD-SAUSAGE STUFFING
Serves 8 with leftovers
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Total: 1 hr (plus 1 day for cornbread and white bread to dry)
- 1 box (81/2 oz) cornbread mix, baked, removed from pan, left out overnight to dry
- 1 lb bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 10 slices fresh firm white bread, torn in pieces, left out overnight to dry
- 1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) butter, melted
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350° F. Have ready a 1 1/2-qt baking dish.
- Break cornbread in pieces into a large bowl.
- Place sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring to break up sausage, 8 minutes until browned. Add celery and onion; cook for 5 to 7 minutes until translucent. Stir in sage.
- Add sausage mixture, torn white bread and butter to cornbread. Mix well. Whisk broth and eggs in a bowl to combine. Stir into stuffing mixture until blended. Scrape into baking dish and cover.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Nutritional Information: Per Cup: 375 cal, 10 g pro, 29 g car, 2 g fiber, 24 g fat (9 g sat fat), 90 mg chol, 816 mg sod.
Planning Tip: Bake cornbread and tear up white bread 2 days ahead.
Leave both out, loosely covered, overnight. Slice celery and chop onion up to 2 days ahead,
bag and refrigerate. Make stuffing through Step 4 up to 1 day ahead and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before baking.
· Baked Turkey
· Thanksgiving Stuffed Roast Turkey Recipe
· Cornbread-Sausage Stuffing
· Turkey Gravy
· Turkey Roasting Times Chart
· Tasty Turkey Burgers
· Turkey Cutlets in Onion Gravy
· Mashed Potatoes
· Sweet Potatoes
· Pumpkin Pie
· More Turkey Recipes and Information
· Cookbooks at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Cookbooks at Amazon.com