DAWN'S CREAMED ONIONS
Prep. Time: 3 min
Total: 8 min.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 3 jars (15 oz each) whole onions, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- Garnish with sliced scallions and paprika
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add flour and stir over medium-low heat until smooth and frothy. Let bubble 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Whisk in milk, mustard, salt and red pepper and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in onions and scallions.
- Cook until onions are hot.
- Spoon into serving bowl and add garnish.
Per serving: 95 cal, 3 g pro, 11 g car, 2 g fiber, 5 g fat (3 g sat fat), 14 mg chol, 746 mg sod
Planning Tip: Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Reheat in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring gently, or reheat in microwave.
· Cookbooks at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Cookbooks from Amazon.com