- 2 small eggplants
- 2 small zucchini
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 tsp. fresh basil
- Cut eggplants and zucchini in half and place cut side down on salted paper towels to drain for 45 minutes.
- Cut eggplants and zucchini into slices.
- Saute eggplant in olive oil until lightly browned.
- Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels.
- Add zucchini to pan (add oil if necessary) and saute until just brown.
- Return eggplant to pan, add garlic and toss together.
- Drain mixture on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut tomatoes into slices.
- Grease a 10-inch casserole with olive oil and arrange vegetables alternating colors.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs with the oregano and basil and pour over vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are cooked and are no longer runny.
- Serve hot.
· Cookbooks at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Cookbooks from Amazon.com