CLAIRE'S MASHED RUTABAGA AND POTATOES
Prep. Time: 15 min
Total: 45 min
- 2-lb rutabaga, peeled, cut in 2-in. chunks
- 2 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-in. chunks
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, cut up
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cook rutabaga and potatoes in a large pot with water to cover 20 minutes or until soft when pierced.
- Drain well.
- Return hot rutabaga and potatoes to pot and mash with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- Gradually beat in rest of ingredients until blended.
- Spoon into serving dish.
Per serving: 279 cal, 4 g pro, 27 g car, 4 g fiber, 17 g fat (11 g sat fat), 51 mg chol, 882 mg sod
Planning Tip: The rutabaga and potatoes can be peeled, cut in chunks and placed in a container with enough cold water to cover, then refrigerated for up to 2 days before cooking.
· Cookbooks at Jessica's Biscuit®
· Cookbooks from Amazon.com